On February Xiaomi opened beta registration program for Redmi Note 6 Pro to get enrolled for Anroid 9.0 based MIUI 10.3 global stable update in India.
However, Redmi Note 6 Pro came preinstalled with MIUI 9 on the top of Oreo 8.1. Later a stable version of MIUI 10 flashed
Redmi Note 6 Pro Pie Update.
Yesterday on 5/5/2019 Xiaomi started out rolling Pie update based on stable MIUI 10.3.2.0 to the Redmi Note 6 Pro users. According to the discussions on MI’s forum, MIUI 10.3.2.0.PEKMIXM is being flashed.
Things to know.
- The update is 1.7 GB in size.
- It brings April security patch to the phone.
- It has improved system security and stability.
- Other optimizations are made.
- Camera has been improved.
- Auto brightness calibration has been made more efficient.
- Battery optimization has been done and Battery saver option has been added.
You can download the recovery ROM here and update it using the recovery method.
Things to be taken in mind before updating using recovery method:
- Make sure that the phone has at least 60% storage.
- Download the Recovery ROM (zip file) for your device from here.
- There is no need to back up app data or multimedia in case you’re using updater method to upgrade the MIUI Stable/Beta ROM.
- Then open the update app in your phone from the setting and click top-right 3 dots.
2. And click the Choose update package and choose the recently downloaded file. (Sometimes “Choose Package” option may not be seen, in that case click the MIUI 10 logo ten times and it should appear.)